How to apply
The 2018 WNU Summer Institute will be held from 26 June to 3 August in South Korea: 3 weeks in Busan, a week technical tour and 2 weeks in Gyeongju.
TO APPLY FOR THE WNU SUMMER INSTITUTE 2018: CLICK HERE (Applications for IAEA support are closed now)
The WNU Summer Institute programme is designed to expand participants’ horizons across the full spectrum of issues surrounding nuclear energy. Built on a foundation of instruction from some of the world's foremost leaders in science, engineering and the global environment, the programme is augmented by team-building exercises and a week-long technical tour of nuclear and related facilities.
Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the following requirements:
• Currently employed in the nuclear sector, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Advanced University degree (Master degree or equivalent 4 years of work experience) in nuclear energy sciences related field;
• Demonstrated academic or professional excellence and leadership potential with two recommendation letters;
• Proficiency in English, particularly oral communication, which is essential for effective participation in the WNU-SI programme. Non-native English speaker will be asked to submit an English language certificate to demonstrate their language skills.
Selection places considerable weight on an applicant's demonstrated leadership potential. The aim of the selection process is to have a class of WNU Fellows composed of an internationally diverse mix of top professionals already in industry or government service. Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Gender balance and diversity are important for the World Nuclear University as these contribute to a broader collective perspective, consistently adding value to the programme and individual learning. The typical average age of WNU Summer Institute Fellows is 33.
All applications should come through this page.
Please note: Applications should be made only on the WNU page for IAEA support.
1) Application with IAEA funding - Deadline 22 November 2017 CLOSED
Covers return travel and full tuition fee (see below for included in tuition fee)
This selection is made through a consultation process, led by the WNU Coordinating Centre . The shortlisted applications will be submitted to the IAEA for further reviewing and a final decision. The selection process can be lengthy.
If you have been selected for support you will be contacted with further instructions.
2) Application with support from company or other sponsors - Deadline: 14 February 2018
Tuition fee: £12,600
The selection of Fellows will be made through a consultation process led by the WNU Coordinating Centre.
Tuition fee includes:
- Course materials and mentorship
- Meals for the duration of the Summer Institute
- En suite accommodation during the academic programme and twin room during technical tour
- Technical tours to nuclear installations
- Cultural tours and social events
- Books: Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century, and Nuclear English
All applicants should ensure that they have full approval from supervisors to attend the Summer Institute before applying. If you have made an application and for any reason, you will not be able to attend, please notify the WNU as soon as possible.
TO APPLY FOR THE WNU SUMMER INSTITUTE 2018: CLICK HERE