How to apply
The WNU Summer Institute programme is designed to expand participants’ horizons across the full spectrum of issues surrounding nuclear energy. Built on a foundation of instruction from some of the world's foremost leaders in science, engineering and the global environment, the programme is augmented by team-building exercises and a week-long technical tour of nuclear and related facilities.
The WNU SI tuition fee covers all coursework, mentoring, technical trips, lodging and meals. For the Summer Institute 2015, the tuition fee is £10,900 (GBP), excluding VAT, and travel to and from Uppsala.
Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the following requirements:
• Currently employed in the nuclear sector, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Advanced University degree (Master degree or equivalent 4 years of work experience) in nuclear energy sciences related field;
• Demonstrated academic or professional excellence and leadership potential with two recommendation letters;
• Maximum age of 40;
• Proficiency in English, particularly oral communication, which is essential for effective participation in the WNU-SI programme.
Selection places considerable weight on an applicant's demonstrated leadership potential. The aim of the selection process is to have a class of WNU Fellows composed of an internationally diverse mix of top professionals already in industry or government service. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
2015 WNU Summer Institute, hosted by the Uppsala University, Sweden
Please see the Announcement here
All applications should come through this page only. There are two different types of applicants:
1) Those seeking IAEA funding – Deadline: 16 November 2014 - CLOSED
The selection of Fellows was made through a consultation process, led by the WNU Coordinating Centre. The short-listed applications was already submitted to the IAEA for further reviewing and a final decision. The IAEA usually supports between 10 and 12 candidates every year and the selection process can be lengthy.
2) Those supported by their Company or other sponsors – Deadline: 31 January 2015
The selection of Fellows will be made through a consultation process led by the WNU Coordinating Centre as well.