How To Apply
The WNU School on Radiation Technologies will be held from 16 to 27 October 2017 in São Paulo, Brazil, in collaboration with the Nuclear and Energy Research Institute (IPEN/CNEN).
See PDF announcement for School on Radiation Technologies here
Follow this link to apply for the School on Radiation Technologies
- Master’s degree in science, engineering or business; or equivalent operational experience;
- Work experience in the radiation technologies field;
- Knowledge of nuclear fundamentals and applications of ionizing radiation in medicine, industry and agriculture;
- Demonstrated academic or professional excellence, with 2 reference letters;
- Maximum age of 37, with exceptions to be considered on the basis of unusual merit;
- Proficiency in English, particularly oral communication, which is essential for effective participation in WNU programmes.
The aim of the selection process is to have a synergistic, internationally diverse mix of top young professionals already in radiation technologies field. The process will place considerable weight on the applicant’s demonstrated potential for leadership. All applications are to be made via the WNU website only.
There are different types of applicants:
- The Company/sponsor funded. Deadline for applications: 16 June 2017
Selection of participants will be made through a consultation process, led by the WNU Coordinating Centre. The tuition fee which includes course material, mentorship, technical tours as well as accommodation and meals is £3100. A discount can be offered for local residents. Travel from home town to Sao Paulo is not included.
- The IAEA funded. Deadline for applications: CLOSED
Selection of participants will be made through a consultation process, led by the WNU Coordinating Centre. The shortlisted applications will then be submitted to the IAEA for further reviewing and a final decision. The selection process can be lengthy.